Vacancy for the post of Project Coordinator
This post was published on: February 5, 2023
BYAN is currently recruiting a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Project Coordinator based in kathmandu for its project “Actions for Change” supported by CBM Global.
The Project Coordinator for Actions for Change will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the project in Kathmandu. The successful candidate will work closely with project partners and stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations, and community groups, to ensure that the project is implemented on time, within budget, and to the highest standards.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field in Social Science, with at least one year of relevant work experience is required. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least three years of experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of three years of experience working on SRHR projects and possessing a technical understanding of SRHR and FP components is mandatory.
- A sound understanding of Federal, Provincial, and Local laws and policies related to health is essential, as well as a good knowledge of National and International laws relating to disability, such as UNCRPD, SDG, Disability Rights Act, Inclusive Education Policy, and the Constitution of Nepal.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is necessary.
- The ideal candidate should be energetic, proactive, and willing to take risks with a desire to continuously learn. Effective communication and collaboration skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds is also crucial.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required. Knowledge of sign language is preferred.
- Prior experience working with diverse groups, including Youth and individuals with disabilities, is an added advantage.
- Project Coordination: Coordinate the implementation of the Actions for Change project, including the development of work plans, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Partnership Management: Manage project partners and stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations, organizations of persons with disabilities, and community groups.
- Stakeholder Relations: Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, donors, and other bilateral/multilateral partners.
- Documentation: Develop and maintain project documentation, including work plans, budgets, and reports. Ensure project activities align with the organization’s mission and values.
- MEAL: Properly monitor project activities in both project districts and provide technical assistance as needed to field assistants, project partners, and stakeholders. Track down the Evaluation and learning from the project.
- Possess the flexibility to work with all 10 types of disabilities and possess the skills for proper communication.
- Government Coordination: Lead the project and coordinate with the government, particularly with the Family Health Division, Rural/Municipalities RMCs, Health Units, and Civil Society Organizations. Ensure activities align with the organization’s SRHR priorities and Nepal’s commitment to FP 2030.
- IEC Materials: Ensure the design and dissemination of SRHR and FP related IEC materials in accessible formats for awareness and advocacy.
- Training and Orientation: Design and conduct SRHR and FP related training and orientation sessions and ensure the quality of training and counseling for individuals with disabilities and service providers from the health sector.
- Disability Inclusiveness: Coordinate with the government, SRH, and FP service providers to ensure IEC materials and services are disability-inclusive.
- Media Engagement: Work closely with the media to bring positive change on disability issues related to SRHR.
- Reporting: Ensure proper documentation and timely reporting.
(Phone enquiry will not be entertained.)
BYAN Promotes inclusion across gender, caste, ethnicity, Dalits and disability where the persons with disabilities and LGBTIQ+ are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reasons.
Please visit this site for more information and for the application: https://merojob.com/project-coordinator-259/