Vacancy for the post of Program Officer
This post was published on: February 5, 2023
BYAN is currently recruiting a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Program Officer for its project regarding Comprehensive Sexuality education. .
- A Master’s degree in Public Health or a related field in Social Science, with at least one year of relevant work experience is required. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least two years of experience may also be considered.
- A minimum of two years of experience working on CSE and SRHR projects and possessing a technical understanding of CSE and SRHR components is mandatory.
- Good knowledge of National and International laws relating to disability, such as UNCRPD, SDG, Disability Rights Act, Inclusive Education Policy, and the Constitution of Nepal.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is necessary.
- The ideal candidate should be energetic, proactive, and willing to take risks with a desire to continuously learn. Effective communication and collaboration skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required. Knowledge of sign language is preferred.
- Prior experience working with diverse groups, including Youth and individuals with disabilities, LGBTIQ+ community is an added advantage.
The Program Officer for this project will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the project in Kathmandu. The successful candidate will work closely with project partners and stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations, and community groups to ensure that the project is implemented on time, within budget, and to the highest standards.
- Coordinate the implementation of the project, including the development of work plans, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Manage project partners and stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations, organizations of persons with disabilities, and community groups.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, donors, and other bilateral/multilateral partners.
- Develop and maintain project documentation, including work plans, budgets, and reports. Ensure project activities align with the organization’s mission and values.
- Lead the project and coordinate with the government, particularly with the Curriculum Development Center, Center for education and Human development center, government agencies and Civil Society Organizations. Ensure activities align with the organization’s CSE priorities.
- Ensure the design and dissemination of CSE related IEC materials in accessible formats for awareness and advocacy.
- Design and conduct CSE related training and orientation sessions and ensure the quality of training and counseling for individuals with disabilities and teachers of the government sector.
- Work closely with the media to bring positive change on disability issues related to CSE and SRHR.
- Ensure proper documentation and timely reporting.
(Phone enquiry will not be entertained.)
BYAN Promotes inclusion across gender, caste, ethnicity, Dalits and disability where the persons with disabilities and LGBTIQ+ are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reasons.
For more information and application please visit this link: https://merojob.com/program-officer-162/