Vision, Mission, Goals & Objectives
Broader vision: People with disabilities of Nepal enjoying a dignified life in an inclusive society.
Vision for BPS: Blind and partially sighted people of Nepal enjoying an independent and dignified life in an inclusive society.
Vision for the organisation: An independent and self-sustaining BYAN effectively working on rights and services front of BPS and PWDs
To build the capacity of people with disabilities particularly Blind and partially sighted people so that they are empowered to claim and utilize their rights.
To improve the living standards of People with disabilities particularly Blind and partially sighted people by increasing access to disability inclusive education, health, economic and other relevant services.
- To carry out advocacy work for the provision, promotion and utilisation of rights of blind and partially sighted people;
- To increase access to education for blind and partially sighted people and PWDs;
- To promote the employment and self-employment of the blind and partially sighted people in particular and PWDs in General;
- To raise awareness of BPS issues and abilities so as to create positive attitudes towards the blind and partially sighted people and PWDs.
- To promote health rights of people with disabilities and the blind and partially sighted people.
- To work on disaster risk mitigation measures of people with disabilities and blind and partially sighted people, including re-habitation work.
Specific working areas:
- Adaptive quality education
- Promotion of employment or self-employment
- Promotion of health rights with particular focus on SRHR
- Programs related to disaster risk reduction
Specific working Strategies:
- Organisational development
- Awareness raising
- Advocacy and lobbying
- Networking, coordination and collaboration
- Capacity building
- Fund raising