Call for Expression of Interest for Development of Accessible Signages
This post was published on: October 13, 2023
Blind Youth Association Nepal (BYAN) is an organization established by Blind and Partially Sighted (BPs) Youth of Nepal, with the vision of “BPS people of Nepal enjoying a dignified life in an inclusive society.” Currently, BYAN is working in the areas of policy advocacy, education, employment, disaster risk reduction, political participation, and promotion of SRHR of persons with disabilities in general and BPS in particular.
Since 2019 BYAN has been actively engaged in uplifting the status of sexual and reproductive health rights of young persons with disabilities. BYAN under CBM is carrying out a 3- year project named “Action for Change” whose objective that “Persons with disabilities are empowered to exercise their rights and make informed sexual and reproductive choices in a supportive social, institutional and legal environment.
In this regard, Blind Youth Association Nepal (BYAN) is going to make the health institution accessible by making the signages targeted for persons with disabilities. Thus, BYAN announces the call for Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced and qualified firms/organizations to carry out this assignment. Interested and eligible individuals or organizations/firms are invited to submit their EOI to [email protected] mentioning “Expression of Interest signage development” in the subject line. The final deadline for submitting the EOI is 30th Oct. 2023.
The primary objective of this assignment is to make the signages in accessible format targeted for visually impaired, deaf and hard of hearing individuals so that they will have full information regarding the services provided by the health center, the signages are going to be developed through the support of CBM “Action for Change” project.
Scope of Work
The Blind Youth Association Nepal (BYAN) has finalized the names list of the items which needs to be made in the accessible format thus the firm needs to make it in accessible format.
The scope of work may include, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
- Develop the signages in large font and braille focused for the visually impaired.
- Develop the signages in sign language focused for the deaf and hard and hearing.
Interested organizations or individuals should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in producing signages with sign language interpretation, large font and in braille.
- Expertise in SRHR and familiarity with the specific challenges and needs of persons with visual and hearing impairment.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with BYAN and relevant stakeholders, including deaf individuals and sign language interpreters.
- Strong understanding of accessibility standards and best practices in signages production for visual impaired, deaf and hard of hearing audiences.
- Capacity to deliver the project within the agreed timeline and budget.
Service Duration and Location:
The consultant will work in close coordination with the BYAN team. The consultant will be engaged on a daily basis for a maximum of 15 working days. The assignment will begin immediately and must be completed by the end of October 2023.
Submission of Expression of Interest:
Interested organizations or individuals are requested to submit their Expression of Interest (EOI) containing the following information:
- Cover Letter
- Financial proposal
- A brief concept note highlighting the methodological design, including a work plan and quality assurance mechanisms.
- The proposal should include the bio-data of the assignment team member(s).
- Firm Registration & Renewal certificate
- Copy of VAT Registration Certificate .
- Latest Tax clearance certificate
The selection of the partner will be based on their experience and the proposed amount for the task.
BYAN reserves the right to select or reject any of the applications. Data or information collected during the task will be kept confidential and shall not be disseminated without BYAN’s prior consent.