Vacancy Announcement-Project Officer (Kathmandu based with frequent field visits)
This post was published on: August 2, 2023
Blind Youth Association Nepal (BYAN) is a national NGO established and run by the Blind and Partially Sighted (BPS) youth of Nepal. As a rights-based organization, BYAN plays a proactive role in the formulation, amendment and implementation of BPS related legal provisions, and in organizing and capacity-building of BPS youth across the country. BYAN works in collaboration with Government, Civil society organizations, Persons with disabilities and their networks. BYAN is currently recruiting a qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Project Officer and Finance Assistant based in kathmandu for its project “Encourage and facilitate the active involvement of young people with disabilities in mainstream youth movements, political parties, and local planning processes in Nepal” funded by EUROPEAN PARTNERSHIP FOR DEMOCRACY via Youth Democracy Cohert.
Basic Job Information
|Job Category||:||General Mgmt. / Administration / Operations|
|Job Level||:||Mid Level|
|No. of Vacancy/s||:||[ 1 ]|
|Employment Type||:||Full Time|
|Apply Before(Deadline)||:||Aug. 10, 2023 23:55|
|Education Level||:||Under Graduate (Bachelor)|
|Experience Required||:||More than or equal to 2 years|
- A Bachelor’s degree in public policy, Political science or a related field in Social Science, with at least one year of relevant work experience.
- Bachelors degree running and a minimum of two years of experience working on projects and possessing a technical understanding of youth, disability, civic engagement and youth movement is mandatory.
- A sound understanding of Federal, Provincial, and Local laws and policies related to democracy and democratic engagement is essential, as well as a good knowledge of National and International laws relating to disability, such as UNCRPD, SDG, Disability Rights Act, Inclusive Education Policy, and the Constitution of Nepal.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is necessary.
- The ideal candidate should be energetic, proactive, and willing to take risks with a desire to continuously learn. Effective communication and collaboration skills with individuals from diverse backgrounds is also crucial.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required. Knowledge of sign language is preferred.
- Prior experience working with diverse groups, including Youth and individuals with disabilities, is an added advantage.
The Project Officer for “Encourage and facilitate the active involvement of young people with disabilities in mainstream youth movements, political parties, and local planning processes in Nepal” will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the project in Kathmandu, Morang, Kaski and Kailali. The successful candidate will work closely with the Director, project partners and stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations, and community groups, to ensure that the project is implemented on time, within budget, and to the highest standards.
- Project Coordination: Coordinate the implementation of the “Encourage and facilitate the active involvement of young people with disabilities in mainstream youth movements, political parties, and local planning processes in Nepal” project, including the development of work plans, budgets, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Partnership Management: Manage project partners and stakeholders, including government agencies, civil society organizations, political parties, organizations of persons with disabilities, and community groups.
- Stakeholder Relations: Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including government officials, donors, and other bilateral/multilateral partners.
- Documentation: Develop and maintain project documentation, including work plans, budgets, and reports. Ensure project activities align with the organization’s mission and values.
- MEAL: Properly monitor project activities in both project districts and provide technical assistance as needed to field assistants, project partners, and stakeholders. Track down the Evaluation and learning from the project.
- Possess the flexibility to work with all 10 types of disabilities and possess the skills for proper communication.
- Government Coordination: Lead the project and coordinate with the government, particularly with the ECN, Rural/Municipalities RMCs, Youth leaders, political parties and Civil Society Organizations. Ensure activities align with the European partnership for Democracy commitments, Menu of possible commitments by the Democracy Cohort on youth political and civic engagement.
- IEC Materials: Ensure the design and dissemination of youth political and civic engagement related IEC materials in accessible formats for awareness and advocacy.
- Training and Orientation: Design and conduct youth political and civic engagement related training and orientation sessions and ensure the quality of training and counseling for individuals with disabilities and stakeholders for ensuring the participation of person s with disabilities in planning process.
- Disability Inclusiveness: Coordinate with the government agencies, civil society organizations, and community groups, Organisation of persons with disabilities to ensure participation of youth with disabilities in mainstream movements .
- Media Engagement: Work closely with the media to bring positive change on disability issues related to youth political and civic engagement.
- Reporting: Ensure proper documentation and timely reporting.
Interested candidates fitting above criteria are kindly requested to apply along with their CV and Cover Letter and Expected salary at [email protected] mentioning the position you are applying in the subject line by 10th August, 2023.
(Phone enquiry will not be entertained.)
BYAN Promotes inclusion across gender, caste, ethnicity, Dalits and disability where the persons with disabilities and LGBTIQ+ are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reasons.