TOR for preparing organizational development toolkit of BYAN.
This post was published on: April 9, 2023
Blind Youth Association Nepal (BYAN) is an organization established by Blind and Partially Sighted (BPS) Youth of Nepal, with the vision of “BPS people of Nepal enjoying a dignified life in an inclusive society.” Currently, BYAN is working in the areas of policy advocacy, education, employment, disaster risk reduction, political participation, and promotion of SRHR of persons with disabilities in general and BPS in particular.
BYAN is currently carrying out a Project named “Action for Change: An initiative for the promotion of inclusive SRH and FP services for persons with disabilities and strengthened movement” in partnership with CBM Nepal. One of its major outcomes is to ensure increased organizational capacity to claim disability inclusive SRHR and FP services along with organizational capacity development. BYAN seeks to strengthen its organizational capacity and effectiveness to better serve its beneficiaries and achieve its mission. To achieve this, BYAN is seeking to develop an organizational development (OD) toolkit that will provide a comprehensive set of tools and methods for improving organizational effectiveness, increasing employee engagement, and achieving strategic objectives.
BYAN announces the call for Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced and qualified experts to prepare organizational development toolkit. Interested and eligible individuals or organizations are invited to submit EOI in the following address, mentioning “Expression of Interest for “organizational development toolkit” in the subject line in the following Address: [email protected] CC to [email protected] and [email protected].
Final Deadline for submitting the EOI is 16th April 2023.
Objective of the Assignment
The objective of this project is to develop an OD toolkit for BYAN that will enable the organization to improve its overall effectiveness and achieve its strategic objectives. The specific objectives of the project include:
- To assess BYAN’s current organizational strengths and weakness, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- To develop a comprehensive set of tools and methods for enhancing organizational effectiveness, including tools for leadership development, team building, communication and engagement, and capacity building.
- To provide training and support to BYAN staff and leadership in the use of the OD toolkit, and ensure that the toolkit is fully integrated into the organization’s operations and culture.
Scope of Work:
The expert consultant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct an initial need assessment to identify BYAN’s organizational strengths and weakness, and develop a plan for the development of the organizational toolkit.
- Design and develop the organizational toolkit, including tools for leadership development, team building, communication and engagement and capacity building.
- Test and refine the OD toolkit in collaboration with BYAN staff and leadership, and ensure that the toolkit is fully integrated into the organization’s operations and culture.
- Provide training and support to BYAN staff and leadership in the use of the OD toolkit, and ensure that they are fully equipped to use the toolkit to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Prepare a final report documenting the process and outcomes of the project, including any recommendations for future improvements or revision to the OD toolkit.
The expert consultant will use a participatory and collaborative methodology to develop the OD toolkit, working closely with BYAN staff and leadership throughout the process.
The following deliverables will be provided:
- An organizational development toolkit that includes a comprehensive set of tools and methods for improving organizational effectiveness.
- Training materials and manuals to support the use of the OD toolkit by BYAN staff and leadership.
- A final report documenting the process outcomes of the project, including any recommendation for future improvements or revisions to the OD toolkit.
- Minimum bachelor degree in any field, disability or social science.
- More than 5 years of experience in making toolkit, including experience with different types of organization and sectors.
- Strong understanding of organizational development and management, including various systems and process that impact organizational performance. Along with the knowledge of assessment methodologies and tools.
- Should have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all level of the organizations.
- Should be able to analyze data and information to identify strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats to the organization’s capacity.
- The person should have cultural awareness and sensitivity, particularly persons with disabilities.
Service Duration and Location
The consultant will be working in close coordination with BYAN team. The consultant shall be engaged on a daily basis for a maximum of 10 working days, including the field assessment of two chapter of BYAN in Bara, Madesh Province and Surkhet, Karnali province. The assignment will immediately be started and completed by the end of July, 2023
Required Documents for Submitting Proposal Firms:
- Cover Letter
- Financial proposal
- A brief concept note highlighting the methodological design
- The document should have annexed bio-data of the assignment team member/s.
- Firm Registration & Renewal certificate
- Copy of VAT Registration Certificate
- Latest Tax clearance certificate
- Cover Letter
- Financial proposal
- A brief concept note highlighting the methodological design including work plan, and quality assurance mechanisms.
- The proposal should have annexed bio-data of the assignment team member/s.
BYAN will select the consultant based on their experience and amount proposed for the task.
BYAN reserves the right to select or not to select any of the application. BYAN keeps safeguarding as a top priority so, any data or information collected during the task shall be kept confidential and shall not be disseminated without BYAN’s prior consent.