Vacancy for Accounts Assistant
This post was published on: February 11, 2024
Accounts Assistant -1 – Kathmandu based with frequent field visits
The Finance Assistant for ”Empowering adolescence and young persons with disabilities in Comprehensive Sexuality Education (CSE)” funded by Amplify Change, will support the financial operations of the organisation. This position reports directly to the Finance Officer and Director and involves in handling various financial tasks, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting , budgeting and payroll processing.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable: Process and record payments, invoices, and expenses accurately and in a timely manner. Maintain proper documentation and reconciliation of accounts.
- Financial Records Management: Ensure accurate and up-to-date financial records are maintained, including receipts, invoices, and other financial documents.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparing regular financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. Collaborate with the Finance Manager to analyze financial data and provide insights for decision-making.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the development and monitoring of annual budgets. Contribute to financial forecasting and variance analysis to support organizational planning and financial management.
- Payroll Processing: Assist in processing payroll and ensure compliance with relevant laws, tax regulations, and internal policies. Maintain payroll records and address any employee payroll-related inquiries.
- Bank Reconciliation: Monitor and reconcile bank statements and financial transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Grant and Funding Support: Collaborate with the finance team in preparing financial information for grant proposals and funding reports. Ensure compliance with donor requirements and grant restrictions.
- Financial Compliance: Assist in ensuring the organization complies with financial regulations, accounting principles, and internal policies.
- Financial Support: Provide support to staff and stakeholders regarding financial matters, explaining financial processes, and addressing inquiries.
- Other Duties: Assist in other finance-related tasks, peers with disabilities as assigned by the Finance Officer to support the overall financial health of the organization.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field or Bachelor’s degree running with two years of experience in the above-mentioned field.
- Experience: Proven work experience in finance or accounting, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Technical Skills: Proficiency in financial software and tools such as Tally ERP 9, Microsoft Excel, and other accounting software.
- Financial Knowledge: Strong understanding of financial principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Attention to Detail: Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and financial reporting.
- Communication Skills: Effective written and verbal communication skills both in English and Nepali and the ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Passion for the Mission: Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
- Non-Profit Knowledge: Familiarity with non-profit financial management is a plus.
Interested candidates fitting above criteria are kindly requested to apply along with their CV and Cover Letter and Expected salary at [email protected] mentioning the position you are applying in the subject line by 16th Feb, 2024.
(Phone enquiry will not be entertained.)
BYAN Promotes inclusion across gender, caste, ethnicity, Dalits and disability where the persons with disabilities and LGBTIQ+are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for further process. The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reasons.