TOR for revising BYAN policies from SRH and FP lens.
This post was published on: March 17, 2023
Blind Youth Association Nepal (BYAN) is an organization established by Blind and Partially Sighted (BPs) Youth of Nepal, with the vision of “BPS people of Nepal enjoying a dignified life in an inclusive society.” Currently, BYAN is working in the areas of policy advocacy, education, employment, disaster risk reduction, political participation, and promotion of SRHR of persons with disabilities in general and BPS in particular.
BYAN is currently carrying out a Project named “Action for Change: An initiative for the promotion of inclusive SRH and FP services for persons with disabilities and strengthened movement” in partnership with CBM Nepal. One of its major outcomes is to ensure the BYAN policies are revised through the Sexual and Reproductive Health rights and Family Planning lens.
BYAN is looking for a consultant to carry out capacity assessment of the chapters of BYAN Thus, BYAN announces the call for Expression of Interest (EOI) from experienced and qualified experts to revise BYAN’s Policies from SRH and FP lens. Interested and eligible individuals or organizations are invited to submit EOI in the following address, mentioning “Expression of Interest for “Revising BYAN’s Polices” in the subject line in the following Address: [email protected] CC to [email protected] and [email protected].
Final Deadline for submitting the EOI is Friday, Mar. 24, 2023.
Objective of the Assignment
The purpose of this activity is to revise BYAN polices from Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights and Family Planning lens.
capacity assessment is to examine the organizational strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats of BYAN’s three chapters namely Kathmandu, Bara and Surkhet. The assessment will help BYAN to understand the current capacity of its chapters and determine the activities to address future capacity- building needs to achieve its organizational goals.
Scope of Work
- Conduct a comprehensive review of BYAN’s existing policies related to sexual and reproductive health and family planning, as well as relevant national and international policies and guidelines.
- Conduct a needs assessment to identify the SRH and FP needs of young people in the region or country where BYAN operates. This may involve gathering data on SRH and FP indicators, conducting surveys or focus groups with young people, and consulting with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify any gaps or areas for improvement in BYAN’s existing policies related to SRH and FP, based on the review of existing policies and the needs assessment.
- Develop evidence-based policy recommendations to address the identified gaps and improve the alignment of BYAN’s policies with international standards and best practices for SRH and FP.
- Develop implementation guidelines and tools to support the implementation of the revised polices, such as training materials, advocacy strategies, and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Conduct consultation with relevant stakeholders, including young people, SRH and FP experts, and BYAN staff and leadership, to gather feedback and ensure that the revised policies and guidelines are responsive to the needs and perspectives of key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the revised polices and guidelines are aligned with relevant national and international laws and polices related to SRH and FP.
- Develop a dissemination plan to ensure that the revised policies and guidelines are widely shared and implemented, including strategies for engaging stakeholders, promoting the policies and providing training and technical assistance as needed.
- Develop a plan for monitoring and evaluating the implementation and impact of the revised policies and guidelines, including strategies for collecting and analyzing data, tracking progress, and sharing results with relevant stakeholders
The Policies revision will use a combination of quantitative and qualitative methods, including desk review, interviews, and focus group discussions.
The following deliverables will be provided:
- Inception Report: A report outlining the methodology, data collection tools and work plan for the policy revision.
- Draft Report: A comprehensive report presenting the findings, conclusions, and recommendations for policies.
- Final Report: A final revised policies incorporating the SRH and FP lenses.
- Relevant academic qualifications and/or professional experience in sexual and reproductive health rights and family planning
- Minimum bachelor degree in organizational development, disability or social science.
- More than 5 years of experience in making polices, including experience with different types of organization and sectors.
- Strong understanding of various policies required in the organization.
- Should have excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and the ability to engage with stakeholders at all level of the organizations.
- Should be able to analyze data and information to identify strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats to the organizations capacity.
- The person should have cultural awareness and sensitivity, particularly persons with disabilities.
Service Duration and Location
The consultant will be working in close coordination with BYAN team. The consultant shall be engaged on a daily basis for a maximum of 15 working days. The assignment will immediately be started and completed by the end of April, 2023
Required Documents for Submitting Proposal Firms:
- Cover Letter
- Financial proposal
- A brief concept note highlighting the methodological design
- The document should have annexed bio-data of the assignment team member/s.
- Firm Registration & Renewal certificate
- Copy of VAT Registration Certificate
- Latest Tax clearance certificate
- Cover Letter
- Financial proposal
- A brief concept note highlighting the methodological design including work plan, and quality assurance mechanisms.
- The proposal should have annexed bio-data of the assignment team member/s.
BYAN will select the consultant based on their experience and amount proposed for the task.
BYAN reserves the right to select or not to select any of the application. BYAN keeps safeguarding as a top priority so, any data or information collected during the task shall be kept confidential and shall not be disseminated without BYAN’s prior consent.